Assistance Available for Members Impacted by Hurricane Irene
During a natural disaster, you never know where you may end up. We at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma (BCBSOK) understand that many of our members may be displaced as a result of the current severe weather on the East Coast.
BCBSOK is prepared to assist our members who live, go to school, work or are traveling in the communities impacted by the hurricane by:
- Explaining the options for accessing care.
- Helping to locate a network provider, hospital or dialysis center.
- Assisting with early refills of prescription medications.
- Working to ensure transition of care or continuity of care needs.
- For an emergency situation, you should go directly to the nearest hospital.
- For non-emergency care needs, you can call the customer service number on the back of your ID card to locate a network provider.
- When arriving at the participating doctor's office or hospital, you will need to present a BCBSOK ID card.
- If you have misplaced your member ID card, need help finding care or have coverage questions, our customer service representatives will assist you. You can also log in to Blue Access for MembersSM or access our mobile site to search for a doctor and access your ID card and electronic health records.
- Participating health care providers can also access your electronic health records at the point of care through the CareProfile® tool.
- BlueCard participants can call the National BlueCard access number to be routed to the appropriate customer service center.
For more helpful information, read this flier, "What You Can Do to Prepare for a Disaster" .
Watch for continuing updates as we respond to the needs of our groups and members impacted by the hurricane and any other severe weather that often accompany hurricanes. Please contact your BCBSOK account representative should you have any questions.
Important Blue Cross Phone Numbers
- Member Services Hotline: 800-521-2227
- Federal Employee Information: 800-676-BLUE (2583)
- National BlueCard Access: 800-810-BLUE (2583)